Global Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Global Gamers United

A place where we can set our differences aside and participate in some decent quality conversation about games. No matter what platform or console.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rise of Nations & Thrones and Patriots Personal Review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gamer420

Gamer420

Rise of Nations is a game that i give a 9.2 Laughing

I liked almost everything about this game! From the graphics to the game play.On hardest difficulty it would take me some time to get the hang of it since i practiced on skirmishes vs multiple computers.The diplomacy with computer opponents was random.some would ask to be allies while others condemned you to war without previous contact.The gathering of resources like food,wood,gold,oil,uranium,intelligence points (universities,trading through the market with allies or neutrals and researching technology using those Intelligence points to advance ages,while simultaneously building up an army and building up defenses can be a little confusing at first but practice makes perfect.its fun to play vs computer opponent,but once you figure out the general strategy it uses, its the same one all cpu's use.but if you play vs another person through LAN this game reaches even higher levels of fun especially if all players know what they're doing.

Pros:

Ages: You can start from the stone age and advance all the way to the Information Age.

Difficulty: it is hard sometimes,and if youre not quick enough in advancing through the ages the CPU's will leave you behind and most likely attack you.

The Diplomacy you can do with computer opponents can make it so that you interact and somewhat control them,but not fully.

Cons:

Low Population Limit

The Turn-based gaming on the campaign is ok i guess,but its not my type of cake Laughing

This game is good, but the lack of CPU's ability to use different strategy makes the game easier as you understand the only strategy used by CPU. Without someone else to play vs and just the CPU alone, this game can get boring after awhile real quick. This game is best playing vs someone who knows what they are doing

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum