Global Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Global Gamers United

A place where we can set our differences aside and participate in some decent quality conversation about games. No matter what platform or console.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pearl Review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pearl Review  Empty Pearl Review Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Gamer420

Gamer420

This was the first "true" pokemon game on the "new" nintendo DS consoles, and in my opinion, the best. With new pokemon,( Not like the wierd one's in pokemon black and white.) new story, new region, and new professor, you just know it will be good. My complaints for Pearl are small. It seemed the difficulty was a bit high for some( Still trying to complete that national dex...) and that the region was a bit to...uh...vast. Minor complaints forgotten, this is a treasure for all who like Action and/or turn based rpg's. Although you cant "catch em all" in this game alone unless you have Action Replay.It also is time consuming if youre willing to EV train your pokemon for maximum Effieciency,but once you battle other trainers you'll see the difference. I liked this game, but since you cant catch all pokemon here alone and you can only get some pokemon on Pokemon diamond and vice versa i give it a 8.8 Wink

Pros :
Worldwide battles and trading using WiFi.

Real-time clock feature changes the time of day based on the DS clock. The Pokemon you can catch vary based on the region and the time of day. Also, certain Pokemon moves' power changes based on time.

More elaborate Pokemon Contests. Players can use the accessories and dress up their Pokemon. Players make "Poffin" out of Berries to rasie their Pokemon's contest stats.

New dual-type Pokemon, new/altered moves, and new special abilities add to the already deep strategy of Pokemon battling.

The Battle Tower is actually a challenge once you get past battle #7.

New evolutions for what were basic pokemon from the 1st generation like Electrivire (Evolved from Electabuzz) & Magmortar (evolved from Magmar) to name a few.

Cons:
After 7 matches in the battle tower you only get 3 BP points!!! 'Mad' kinda made me not wanna fight all those hard matches lol

Not every pokemon can be caught to complete the Sinnoh Dex, you need to trade in from Diamond to get a few

The game can get boring real easily unless you set benchmarks and goals that ultimitaely make your pokemon the strongest can be.

Training Badass Pokemon takes lots and lots and lots and lots of time!!!! unless you cheat which underscores the point of the game.(the only exceptions are to get pokemon like Arceus who was a nintendo event pokemon that was handed out in NYC in 2007-8...im sorry but im not willing to spend more money to get an arceus if its worth more than the game and console combined....and i dont have access to a time machine Laughing

so bid farewell to your social life if you want to become a serious Pokemon Master!! 'Twisted Evil'

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum